A Glitch in the Gears
A downloadable game for Windows
Game pad/controller recommended. Keyboard Controls Available.
A Glitch in the gears is a cute, futuristic ,sci-fi puzzle game about a little flying robot tasked with restoring power. Think outside the box to solve puzzles, connect circuits and master the unique flight controls to get the batteries out of each area and uncover the truth about why the power went out in the first place!
After waking up deep in the ventilation system, the player- a small robot- finds themselves blocked at every turn. The power’s gone out, and no one seems to know why! First things first, though- the backup batteries need to be recovered.
- Unique Control Scheme: The robot employs a unique control scheme that uses two joysticks to individually adjust the angle of the robot’s propulsion jets. The bot is also built to collapse into a ball on command, letting gravity take its course to fit into small spots, drop quickly, and so on.
- Unique, Fun Puzzle Solving- Each level is centered around getting all of the batteries to the teleportation pads. Sometimes these are right at the start, other times they need to be located first! Of course, batteries need to be used more often than not along the way, making careful planning and observation necessary.
- Lots of Levels and Surprises: Once the player succeeds in their task, the recovered power cells are transferred to the main hub, where they can be moved about to power new levels and areas! With a little luck, when all of the batteries are plugged into the main console, the issues will come to an end. Maybe. Probably? It’s a little concerning that there’s no indication of why the power went out in the first place...
- Colorful Characters: On their journey, the player is assisted by the two technicians overseeing The Box, a sarcastic programmer known as Casper, and Victoria, a playful mechanic. They do their best to from the outside, despite the system mostly locking them out during the power outage.
|Release date||Apr 27, 2020|
|Made with||Unity, Maya, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||3D, Controller, Cute, Cyberpunk, Flight, Physics, Robots, Sci-fi|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_NoDerivatives v4.0 International|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- A minor fixMay 25, 2020
- Keyboard ComatabilityMay 24, 2020
- Final game upload: V1.0.1!Apr 26, 2020
- Demo UpdatedApr 14, 2020
- Demo Time!Mar 12, 2020
- Levels CompleteMar 05, 2020
- v0.8.1Dec 23, 2019
- End of Semester releaseDec 11, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.